I am know as the Geek by the river. I love technology and maintaining the environment. Windows 10 to server, network deployment and Cell phone boosters. Need advice on saving money hooking up your internet I can help.
I love life even thought it throws some curves.
I have ADHD which makes my hard to be around.
My mascot is ADHDy
I have not been able to focus on anything until just recently.
With the help of my endocannabinoid system control measures.
My tinnitus is slowly under control so I can sleep.
A.D.H.D 🙃🙃🙃 Take my hand and come with me, I want to teach you about ADHD. I need you to know, I want to explain, I have a very different brain. Sights, sounds, and thoughts collide. What to do first? … Continue reading →
I have been following the Rocket Stove development since 2011. This looks like the best so far. It is lite on the thermal mass component. It has merit for the future.
They ship to Canada.
Beat The System With This List Of 40 Free Educational Websites
JANUARY 18, 2014 BY STAN
According to www.webometrics.info, there are more than 17 000 universities in the world, but getting a degree in many of them is quite costly. Many students around the world(and their families) get into big debts or have to work over sixty hours a week in order to afford an Education. Two thirds of the US college seniors who graduated in 2011 had student loan debt, with an average of over 27 000 USD per person. Reading those statistics I can’t stop thinking about those words from over 30 years ago:
With mass education, it turned out that most people could be taught to read and write. In the same way, once we have computer outlets in every home, each of them hooked up to enormous libraries, where you can ask any question and be given answers, you can look up something you’re interested in knowing, however silly it might seem to someone else. – Isaac Asiov
Isaac Asimov died in 1992, but if he could see the opportunities that the Internet is giving us in XXI century he would probably grin from ear to ear. Getting a degree in an university might be expensive, but there are much better options.
THERE ARE MANY WEBSITES ON THE INTERNET THAT NOW OFFER FREE OF CHARGE LEARNING MATERIALS.
Now even very poor people can afford to be better educated than many of Harvard’s graduates, all they need is access to a computer(does not even have to be personal one, it could be the one that the local library offers for public use)
ENOUGH WITH THE WORDS, HERE IS A GREAT LIST OF 40 USEFUL LINKS WHICH CAN HELP YOU LEARN A LOT FOR FREE:
- ALISON – over 60 million lessons and records 1.2 million unique visitors per month
- COURSERA – Educational website that works with universities to get their courses on the Internet, free for you to use. Learn from over 542 courses.
- The University of Reddit – The free university of Reddit.
- UDACITY – Advance your education and career through project-based online classes, mainly focused around computer, data science and mathematics.
- MIT Open CourseWare – Free access to quite a few MIT courses that are on par with what you’d expect from MIT.
Open Culture – Compendium of free learning resources, including courses, textbooks, and videos/films.
No Excuse List – Huge list of websites to learn from.
- Open YALE Courses – Open Yale Courses provides free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University All lectures were recorded in the Yale College classroom and are available in video, audio, and text transcript formats. Registration is not required
- Khan Academy – Watch thousands of micro-lectures on topics ranging from history and medicine to chemistry and computer science.
- Zooniverse – Take part in a huge variety of interesting studies of nature, science, and culture.
- TUFTS Open CourseWare – Tufts OpenCourseWare is part of a new educational movement initiated by MIT that provides free access to course content for everyone online. Tufts’ course offerings demonstrate the University’s strength in the life sciences in addition to its multidisciplinary approach, international perspective and underlying ethic of service to its local, national and international communities.
- How Stuff Works? – More scientific lessons and explanations than you could sort through in an entire year.
- Harvard Medical School Open Courseware The mission of the Harvard Medical School Open Courseware Initiative is to exchange knowledge from the Harvard community of scholars to other academic institutions, prospective students, and the general public.
- VideoLectures.NET – the title says it all – amazing video lectures on many topics.
TED – Motivational and educational lectures from noteworthy professionals around the world.
A generator that creates 10 Kw per in 1000 square feet of land.
What happened to it.
I have suffered with tinnitus for close to 30 years. I have tried to explain it. If you don’t have it or do not want to understand, I am helpless. It like a deafness with a noise in your ear … Continue reading →